John L Pierce (The Founder) started his road transport career in the late 1930’s as an employed truck driver delivering sand and metal to building sites on Sydney’s north shore.

He purchased his first truck just as World War 2 erupted, subsequently, John L and his truck were engaged on civil defense projects including the Townsville airfield and the Townsville to Darwin road link.

The post war building boom saw rapid growth in the demand for building material deliveries, which helped John L put another couple of trucks on the road.

In December 1949 the company called John L Pierce Pty Ltd was incorporated.

The business was expanded during the early 50’s to include country fuel distribution for Atlantic Oil and the first interstate trip from Sydney to Melbourne was undertaken in 1956.

Sitemap © John L Pierce Transport 2017 site by helpwise website by helpwise